Friday, January 4, 2008

Recipe: Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies

The Cookie Monster is coming out in me.
This is from the Food Network.

Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Show: Everyday Italian
Episode: Tree Trimming Party

1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 ounces English toffee candy (recommended: Heath or Skor bar), finely chopped
1 cup hazelnuts, toasted, husked, and chopped
1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

Line 2 heavy large baking sheets with parchment paper. Finely chop the oats in a food processor. Transfer the oats to a medium bowl. Mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.

Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars in a large bowl until fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and stir just until blended. Stir in the toffee, hazelnuts, and chocolate chips.

For each cookie, drop 1 rounded tablespoonful of dough onto sheet, spacing 1-inch apart (do not flatten dough). Bake until the cookies are golden (cookies will flatten slightly), about 15 minutes. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely. (The cookies can be prepared 1 day ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.)

Recipe Summary
Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 dozen

User Rating5 Stars






3 comments:

Feisty Crone said...

Sounds good. I'm not doing a lot of baking right now, I buy store bought and bakery goods. I love the show "Everday Italian," so I just bet the cookies are great.

Feisty Crone said...

Oops, I forgot to mention I added you to my Technorati favorites, and your blog is in my Google Reader.

Awake In Rochester said...

I bought some pre-made Chocolate Chip cookies this Christmas, that didn't do the trick. My cousin, (a great cook), wrote a recipe book with many of my family recipes. I can't wait until it is published. I will be one of the first to buy it. Her brother is a published author.

Thanks for adding me to your favorites, and reader.