Sunday, January 11, 2009

She's gone? Liquid's gone?


I was running dry of blog ideas and wanted to get inspiration for something funny. So I went to visit LIQUID ILLUZION's blog tonight. One of my favorite new blogs. One of my favorite new people.

I didn't know Liquid well, but felt so comfortable at her blog. I would go and read her blog and listen to the songs on her music playlist, sometimes for hours a night. The playlist gone now, she's gone now. Did she have any idea how much time I spent there? Did she know how comfortable I felt? How welcomed? How safe?

The last time she communicated with me she asked prayers for her friend. She asked that I visit her friends blog and pray for her, which I did. The last thing that she asked of me was something for someone else. That says a lot!

I will miss my new friend. I will miss her blog, her songs, her poems, her essence...Liquid...

Jeri Suzanne Horne a.k.a. Liquid illuzion passed away on December 24, 2008. She took her own life. She was 42.

Please read other tributes to Suzanne, or add yours by clicking here.

For her blog called LIQUID ILLUZION click here.

Meridian Star Guest book for Suzanne.





Obituary from The Meridian Star

"Jeri Suzanne Horne

Jeri Suzanne Horne Services for Jeri Suzanne Horne will be held Tuesday at 2 p.m. at James F. Webb Funeral Home Chapel with the Revs. Joseph Hallman, and Dennis Marks officiating. Burial will be in Pine Springs Southern Methodist Church Cemetery. Mrs. Horne, 42, of Meridian, died Wednesday, December 24, 2008, at her residence. She was employed as a hairdresser. Survivors include her parents, Jerry and Betty White of Meridian, daughter, Isabella Horne of Meridian, son, Campbell Horne of Meridian, brother, Greg White and Ronna of Davie, Fla., niece, Madelyn White of Davie. Visitation will be Monday, 5p.m.-7 p.m. at the funeral home. Pallbearers will be Barry Murphy, Mike Grant, David Medlin, Bo Pierce, Richard Daniel, and Bryan Culpepper."

For my other posts about Suzanne, click on "LIQUID ILLUZION" in the tag cloud below.

P.S. Before I first started to blog I accused a blogger of having sudo-friends. Meaning that blog friends aren't real friends. But these are real tears I'm shedding tonight, and I didn't even know her that long. Liquid you left your mark on my soul, and I'm sure so many others. Now my prayers will go out to your family.

14 comments:

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

Thank you for joining us in remembering out beloved friend.

There are times when friendships formed on in Blogville is just, if not more important then folks we see everyday. Our world is very small after all ... and the internet connects us all, how wonderful is that?

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi Amias,

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Yes, I'm finding out that the friendship bond can be very strong in Blogville.

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi LadyBanana,

The details are sketchy.

Yes, she posted on the day she died, and I also posted about her "The Best Christmas Greetings!" also on that same day.

74WIXYgrad said...

Suzanne was one who put the feelings of others above her own. '08 was a rough year for me, and her friendship made things more bearable for me.

Liquid was the one blogger I would have like to have met, but in this lifetime I will never have the chance. I do know I will see her on the other side.

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi 74WIXYgrad,

Thank you for those insightful words!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is truly tragic! I had never visited Liquid's blog, but I completely understand that connection we feel with certain people we meet through the blogosphere. We come to "know" them as individuals, whether or not it is in the conventional way, and we do begin to care about them not just as "people" but as our friends.

May she rest in peace.

Tracy said...

Awwwww Awake, i am so sorry for your loss, and for those who she had an impact on in blogger land. I did not know her at all, but can see that she was well liked, and loved. Sending you big time hugs.

Mike Golch said...

Sorry to read about the loss of your friend.As Bloggers We are all friend of each other,even if we never have meet in person. Hugs and warm thoughts to you.

Cynthia said...

Oh Awake, I am sorry. I did not know your blog-mate but I have those bloggers who I feel great affection for and my life would be emptier without my weekly read of their thoughts.

A. said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like many, many others suffered a loss with her passing.

Allison

Babs (Beetle) said...

Oh I am shocked, and truly sorry for yours and her family's loss. I passed through her blog a few times but always when I was busy and I always meant to go back and read it, but never did. You're right, there was something about her blog that drew me also. So, so sad.

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi Everybody,

Thank you for your warm thoughts. Please keep her family in prayer, especially her children.

Anonymous said...

I am SO SORRY to hear about the loss of Jeri Suzanne.

For me, I tend to feel closer and safer with my blog friends than my 'real life' friends.

Sending you HUGS and Much Love.

dmarks said...

I am sorry for your loss and that of her loved ones. I visited her blog many times.