Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Immersed in Liquid

One of Liquid's last posts... 12-18-08



Here is a little
"Liquid"
gift for you each!
Think of me when you add a little more ice to your holiday drinks,
'cause I'm right there with ya'!
*chuckle*


If you haven't read my last post, please do before continuing.

When I found out about the death of LIQUID ILLUZION I cried like a baby all night. It was as if I had lost a family member, which seems odd to me because I've only known her a few months. Yet I can not deny, or refuse to deny, the impact that she has had on me. A bit of Liquid and her spirit has seeped into my soul.

I'm now doing something that I've never done before. I'm getting to know someone better after their death. I'm reading her blog, and listening to her Playlist, (which unfortunately has changed some recently.) I'm a spiritual person and believe in God, Angles, heaven etc. I believe that Liquid still exists as spirit, and is at peace now. I believe that I can get to know her better, and that our spirits can still touch when I read her blog & listen to her music. So I'm getting to know my friend better, and getting closer to her after her death. An odd thing to do, but I have a feeling that liquid understands and approves.

I won't tell you about her qualities, or explain her to you. If you want to get to know her better she is still around. Her blog is still here, and part of her is in her blog. I can tell you that I often laugh out loud while reading Liquid's blog, and that I feel closer to her already. Well, I have to go now. Read more of Liquid's blog. My friend is waiting...

NOTE: I'm not asking for prays for myself. I miss my new friend, but am doing fine and I am excited about getting to know her better. It just bothers me a great deal that I can't communicate with her in this life, but believe that I will in the afterlife. I will however, ask that you pray for her family especially her children, and close friends including Amias. Besides being a close friend to Liquid, Amias is also the co-administrator of her blog and now has to deal with the fall out.

Bo Ragon wrote an interesting post called "Christian View of Suicide".

To readers - I am aware that her name is Suzanne, but I knew/know her as Liquid and refer to her as such.

16 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Losing someone is never a good thing,they may be family or a friend or a co-worker the loss is still painful.Hugs my friend.

Anonymous said...

My prayers are definitely with her friends and family.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Interesting take on this AIR.

At a recent funeral, I was taken back by a story about death. Of course, while it is always sad for anyone to loose people they care about, we are all going to leave our bodies eventually.
The speaker talked about celebrating the life of of a friend that passed away, and remembering the good things they had impacted the Earth with. The smiles, the caring, and every good memory that lives on in our minds.

I too believe that our steps on Earth are just the first of many, and just the beginning of our journey as a spirit.

Awake In Rochester said...

Mike Golch,

Thanks I appreciate that.

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi Giggle Pixie,

Great! There is power in pray! Thank you!

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi Speedcat Hollydale,

I am so very glad that she kept a blog and I was/am able to know this unique, incredible person a bit. But it still saddens/angers me that I can't communicate with her anymore.

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

This is so very wonderful, celebrating her life --- this is how it should be done, indeed, death does not end life.

How thoughtful and wise you are ... Thank you for sharing this, it makes me feel so much better.

MYM said...

A very sad situation indeed. I volunteer on a crisis line and we had a suicide of someone we knew last Fall. It was so hard.

Just a reminder that there are services out there, such as befrienders international or local suicide hotlines. Often though, when people have made their decision they choose not to call anyone for help. That's the hard part for survivors to understand.

But ... for anyone on that precipice, help is out there.

Certainly friendships made in the blogosphere are real. And when one of them is in pain we care, and when they're gone we feel the loss.

Take care of yourself.

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi Amias,

It's always good to hear from you.

This is what is in my heart to do now. I need to press in, and get to know her better.

I just wish we could speak to each other. We have some things in common.

You have a great deal on your shoulders now. Please make sure to take care of YOU!

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi Drowsey Monkey,

You volunteer on a crisis line? That's fantastic! I alway knew you were a cool person. Maybe you could guest post about it? I imagine that Canada & America have similar ways of dealing with suicide prevention.

When I was bad last year about this time the last thing that I wanted was to go to a counselor. Thank God so far this winter I'm doing good.

Anonymous said...

I will pray for her family especially her children, and close friends.

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi meleah rebeccah,

Thanks sweetie!

A. said...

I will pray for her, her family, and her friends.

Allison

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi A.,

Thank you kindly!

Babs (Beetle) said...

I never expected blogging to be like this, but I have made many friends through blogging. Any loss is painful, even when they just stop blogging, but to lose a friend this way is very hard.

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi Babs (Beetle),

She had a ton of blog friends. Her blogroll was full. Many people cared. In her off-line life she had children, caring parents, and friends. With all that love surrounding her, she still took her life. It all seem surreals at times.