Thursday, January 15, 2009

Secret Refuge (a poem to Liquid)

Liquid loved poems, & wrote many beautiful ones. I'm not good at poetry. I haven't written many since I was a child. I hope that you will look at my heart as I pay tribute to Liquid illuzion, and not my numerous mistakes. To my regular visitors- I know that you have heard a lot about Liquid these past few days, but please hang in there with me as I work this through.

This is for/to YOU Liquid,


Secret Refuge


Hostile Night approaches, demons of the mind.

Anything but sleep. I wander into your liquid blue divine.

Secret refuge from the night. I hid in your wake.

Dark yet decorated in soft light. Liquid blue lake.

A blue feather to dry my tears.

You take away all my of fears.

Photos, laughter, old Bibles, Daisy lab, pearls, fried green tomatoes too.

I sipped slowly from your delicious brew.

Didn't know you well, but feeling was inside.

You want me there. Welcomed me with pride.

Your words I read. Your songs I listen to.

Warm, comforted, safe. The night now ruled by you.

Blue bottles on tree limbs. My demons you cast away.

My torturous night, you magically turn to day.

Your blue liquid washes over me. Took the fear out of my body.

Mistakenly I thought we had time. Get more acquainted, good friends, but I was blind.

For the demons you had too.You just couldn't shake them off of you.

On that horrible day you took your life. My secret refuge floated away.

Now never be the same. Music swept away.

For the greatest gift you took from me was...

YOU


by Awake


(Poem background info - When I had trouble sleeping at nights due to worry I use to visit Liquid's blog. I felt welcomed, safe, warm. As I read her posts, and listened to her playlist sometimes for hours, my worries magically washed away. It's just not the same today.)




I am to list FIVE words
I hope are used to describe me after I'm gone.

So, here's my five:


1) Loving

2) Giving

3) Fun

4) Daring

and

5) Missed

From Awake: Yes, the description fits you perfectly!


Part of this post is from the blog of Liquid Illuzion a.k.a Jeri Suzanne Horne who no longer dwells here on earth, but who lives on in spirit, and her blog. Please keep her family & friends in prayer. Some of this is from her post - "Meme..." dated 4-17-2008

14 comments:

Cliff said...

The poem was good because it came from your heart. As most know, I spent my blogging for more than a week after Christmas pouring my heart onto my keyboard, exposing my feelings for a friend that I had become very close to.

I had known about some of the torment Suzanne was going through, and I am comforted by the knowledge that she is suffering no more.

Liquid now lives in all of us and is living through all of our writing.

Anonymous said...

Death affects us all differently. Take all the time you need, my dear.

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi 74WIXYgrad,

Thanks for stopping by. I know that you two were close, and sorry for your lose. I believe that she is in a much better place.

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi Giggle Pixie,

Thanks! Keep giggling. ;o)

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

Beautiful poem Awake, beautiful tribute.

I don't know why you are downing your poetic talent .. this poem is smoking!

Take care ...

Babs (Beetle) said...

That was a lovely poem, straight from the heart :O)

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi Amias,

Wow, I'm surprised you said that. Your such a good poet.

I only know the kids way of rhyming ever thing, and I didn't even do that perfectly. lol With me you have to look at the heart because I don't have many talents.

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi Babs (Beetle),

Thank you!

Cynthia said...

It is obvious that Liquids death has affected you on many levels. You need to be gentle with yourself and walk the path of grief in your own way.

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi twofinches,

My Secret Refuge for night is gone, and has been replaced by tears. Here I go again. A lot of crying going on for someone I didn't know for long. Sometimes it sucks to be alone, no one to hold you while you cry, or distract you when your heart is hurting. Sheesh! A lot of crying going on for someone I didn't know for long.

Ghost Dansing said...

my mind keeps drifting back to Liquid as well.... you are not alone.... she was very spirited and her demise has had ripples all over....

you are not alone...

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi Ghost Dansing,

Welcome!

Thanks for caring.

*glancing at your photo* Ahhh, is it my turn now?

Ghost Dansing said...

not for me to say.... but prolly not....

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi Ghost Dansing,

I figured that a ghost would know for sure. ;)