Sunday, February 10, 2008

(UPDATED) National News - Accident 36 Car pile up in Rochester, NY

I was sleepy, and had just closed my eyes when I heard the name of my city on the National news. "Rochester, NY, 30 plus car pile up." My eyes opened wide, I went to the internet. I am reading about it now with tears in my eyes. You can read about the accident in the links. This is a terrible tragedy!

Roads, and side walks are still very icy with snow covering them from our last storm. We had high winds today, white outs. A very dangerous mix.

My heart goes out to my neighbors. My thoughts, and prayers will be with those injured, family's of the injured and dead, and the other survivors.

News Blowing Snow Blamed for Chain Reaction Accident

UPDATED ON FEB. 11 ...

Democrat & Chronicle: 1 dead, 24 injured in I-390 pileup

Rochester Video: 36-car accident on 390, one dead

CNN Video: Snow causes 36-car accident

In the mist of it all, a man warned others. Flagging down on-coming traffic, warning them of the disaster in front of them. A search is on to find this man.

390 accident good samaritan

Folks this is like a mini 9/11 to Rochester. Please pray for the family, survivors, and the 5 people still hospitalized. One has a broken neck, and is in critical condition.

390 Pileup Could've Been Worse but for Good Samaritan

Added 2/12 - They found the Good Samaritan. Thank you Christopher Playford of Irondequiot, N.Y.!

Five remain in hospital after 36-car pile-up on 390

City school student killed in car pile up 17 year old Le Ngo died. Le was an aspiring musician, a volunteer at Highland Hospital and a honor student.

6 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

We had the strangest weather down here in the lower part of NY yesterday. It doesn't surprise me that it was a rough and tragic day upstate. Always sad to learn of things like this.

Awake In Rochester said...

Good to see you Deb! Thanks for your comment. I hope that if you have time that you will read my post "Therapy and Me". It's right up your ally! I would love to hear your 2 cents on it, or 4 cents, or 6 cents. I'm still trying to figure out if therapy is for me.

eastcoastlife said...

What a tragedy! Prayers to the injured for a speedy recovery.

Awake In Rochester said...

Welcome eastcoastlife!

Thank you for your kind words, and your prayers.

Anonymous said...

HI.. I feel so bad when I hear news like this.. lives changed in a bad storm. The roads were like this in Michigan too and over 50 cars involved. I just pray for them all.. Hope things get better soon for us all. : )

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi Caroldee,
It's always a pleasure to see you! I have heard of other accidents around the same time. It has turned out to be a difficult winter. I hope that groundhog puxatony phil was wrong, and that winter is almost over.