Saturday, February 2, 2008

Don’t Worry, Be Happy


Looks like I am not the only one in their 40's who is unhappy. As I mentioned before, ever since my fathers death several years ago, I have had trouble with on and off depression. It was complicated, (you can read about it in my website.) So far the forties have been a bummer. A study by Professor Andrew Oswald on happiness reviles that I am not alone. Many about my age are having similar feelings. I am almost looking forward to turning 50!

Read about it... ABC News: Middle-Age Misery

Balkans: Don’t Worry, Be Happy

Scientific American

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that study is not true. I will be 40 soon.

Awake In Rochester said...

Well, I'm sure it is a generality. To quote Zig Ziglar - "Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."