Wednesday, February 27, 2008

CBS "Early Show" reports from Rochester, NY (Weather)


Dave Price from the CBS Early Show broadcasted the weather live from downtown Rochester this morning. He also talked live with News 8 Now at Sunrise. If you missed it, you can see the video. He summerised our situation by saying that we got "6 inches of snow, and expect 6 inches more". The rest of todays forecast- windy, gusts up to 30 mph, high18. Anchor Harry Smith kept saying, "Ra cha cha". It was Surreal seeing my city on a national program.

The weather made for a tricky morning commute with some accidents. The snow is likely to keep piling on. Parents were surprised to find that Rochester schools were not closed. Maybe snow days have been used up. It has been a difficult winter. I'm sure that some parents kept their children home.

The snow fall as of noon today is 9 inches at the airport. The storm is expected to continue until tonight, bringing another few inches of snow. About a foot of snow in all. The worst is over.

I talked with a woman who lives in Bushnell's Basin. She said that every time there is a storm her power has gone out, four times so far. And that was before this latest storm. It has been a difficult winter.

Well, it's time for me to get my shovel, and dig out my car like Mr. Dararaksmey in the photo. Hot cocoa will be my reward when I come in. ;o)

The Photo - Rich Dararaksmey of Rochester shovels to free his car from a heavy overnight snowfall on Morningside Park on Wednesday. Photo from D & C.

1 comments:

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi ladybanana,

It's good to see you!

I would be happy to send over several truck loads of snow. Just say the word! I'm sick of the stuff. I'm sooo looking forward to spring.