Thursday, July 17, 2008

Rochester's soccer star Abby Wambach breaks leg

Pittsford native and U.S. soccer star Abby Wambach is scheduled to have surgery at 2 p.m. today to repair two fractures in her left leg, suffered Wednesday night during a game in San Diego, according to her brother, Matt Wambach.

Abby’s mother, Judy, flew out from Rochester early this morning to be with her daughter, who now will miss next month’s Olympic Games in China. Doctors expect to insert a titanium rod into her leg during today's surgery...

Click here for full story.

Ms. Wambach is a good roll model. I hope that she recovers quickly. My thoughts are with her.

Abby Wambach's Official Website

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats awful

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi meleah rebeccah,

Yes, I saw it on the national news first. It is big news in Rochester. I'm sorry she will be missing the Olympics.

Mike Golch said...

Ouch! I saw that Tracy gave you the award that I gave. the gift that jst keeps on giving.Hugs and Blessing. That's my story and I'm sticking to ti!

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi Mike Golch,

It good to hear from you. So your the one who started the award. :o) Thanks!

My personal life has picked up a bit so I have not had time to post the award. I will soon.

Anonymous said...

Thats a real shame.

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi meleah rebeccah,

Yes. I hope that she will be able to be in the Olympics next time.

Anonymous said...

Oh no- the severity didn't hit me until I read the part aboutmissing the Olympics- I hope she can bounce back and make another go at it.

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi Michelle Gartner,

I do too! Her mother said that Abby is being very brave, and is the one who is helping the rest of the family in this difficult time. She has also given back to the community and is a good roll mode. I hope she gets another chance.

Anonymous said...

Me too. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Awake In Rochester said...

Hi meleah rebeccah,

She is being very brave about it. On TV they show her waving at the camera when it first happened. She said that she did that to cheer her team on.